All sigh of relief for Bengalureans as the South Western Railway Zone of Indian Railways has built a brand new Railway Station at Devanhalli (in Airport area) and has named it as “Kempegowda International Airport”. Now Bengalureans can take train route to avoid traffic on crowded roads & reach existing Airport of Bangalore on time. Bringing to light, earlier Bengalureans had no option but were left to take Taxi & Private vehicles as the only mode of transport to reach International Airport.
The Honorable Chief Minister of Karnataka, Mr. B S Yediyurappa has announced tweeting on January 04, 2021(Monday) that the Railways Station ”Kempegowda International Airport, Devanhalli” has been made open for train travelers and that they can book train tickets from any city station to this place to onboard flights avoiding traffics on roads. The first train trip in this route was started on January 04, 2021 (Monday) at 4:45 a.m. in the morning from KSR Bengaluru to Kempegowda International Airport, Devanhalli halt Railways.
As per the National Transporter, the three sets of DEMU (The Diesel-Electric Multiple Unit locomotive) have been introduced to run from Bangalore city station to Kempegowda International Airport at Devanhalli. It is being believed that each set of new technology DEMU has its own engine, generator & electric motor and is capable to move itself up to travel up to three hundred kilometers without separate engines. With better acceleration capacity and more power-driven axles, Trains will be able to add extra capacity of passengers to reach Kempegowda and can conveniently halt at all closely spaced stops with ease.
To manage the crowd on the train towards Kempegowda, two more train services namely Yesvantpur Bangarpet KSR Bengaluru DEMU Train & Bengaluru Cantonment Bangarpet Yeswantpur Demu Train are running connecting other Bangalore locations to Kempegowda International Airport taking halt at KIAD at this moment.
Let’s take a look at the complete list of trains running currently to Kempegowda International Airport :
- If you are currently near Yeshvantpur and planning to reach Kempegowda International Airport, you may book a train ticket on train 06279 which departs Yeshvantpur at 8:30 a.m. in the morning & takes a halt at five stations namely lottegolahalli, Kodigehalli, Yelahanka, Bettahalsoor, Dodjala to reach Kepegowda International Airport on their way towards Bangarpet KSR.
- If you are currently at Kempegowda International Airport and planning to reach Bangalore Cantonment, you may book a train ticket on train no. 06280. The train takes halt at five Railway stations namely Dodjala, Bettahalsoor, Yelahanka, Channasandra & Baiyappanhalli to reach Bengaluru Cantonment.
- If you are currently at Kempegowda Railway Station and planning to reach Bangarpet, you may book your ticket in train no. 06279 and may reach Bangarpet at 12:30 p.m. crossings fourteen halt stations in between.
- If you are currently at Bengaluru Cantonment and planning to reach Kempegowda International Airport, you may book ticket in train no.06269 which departs Bengaluru Cantonment at 5:55 p.m. in the evening & takes five halts namely Baiyapanhalli, Channasandra, Yelahanka, Betahalsoor, Dodjala to reach Kempegowda International Airport.
- If you are currently at Kempegowda International Airport and planning to reach Yeshvantpur, you may book your train tickets in train no.6270 which departs Kempegowda International Airport at 8:25 a.m. in the morning and reach Yeshwantpur at 9:25 a.m. on the same day.
The recent partnership between Bengaluru International Airport and South Western Railways is expected to provide a hassle-free & eco-friendly journey experience to train travelers. The latest strategic move is being viewed as significant and will not only just save travelers time to reach Airport & onboard flight on time but also comfort travelers on their journey from Airport back to home. Even the fares fixed to reach Kempegowda international Airport from Bengaluru city are Rs.10 for passenger trains and Rs 30 for express trains respectively to save on traveler’s money.
Like & Subscribe RailRecipeBlog to stay updated with all the latest Indian Railway news and updates.