The Flashing TV screens and multiple app notifications regarding updates of the Corona virus outbreak is very overwhelming for everyone out there who are under complete lockdown across India. The growing number of infections and deaths affects all of us on deep mental levels and hamper our morale and productivity. No doubt, the world is undergoing a shift and we all got to keep ourselves safe in order to get through the current emergency situation. While some prefer to watch OTT and other TV shows to help them get through the day and few prefer to play video games to keep themselves engaged and happy. What could be the other ways in which you can still increase your IQ and maintain your EQ (emotional quotient)? Well, the best way is to keep yourself productive through some new stuffs out there while scrolling through your smartphones.
Recommended Reading: The Ultimate Quarantine Watch List For Travel Hungry Soul
Here are 5 app curated from across the world which can help you stay productive and motivated:
- QUIZUP: Sure, you’ve played trivia before. But, have you played a trivia where you can post about your interests on your favorite topic, make your own quiz and connect with millions of users who share your interest, worldwide? Play online while challenging friends or random opponents from around the world in a wide variety of topics ranging from general knowledge, logos, sports, Harry Potter, Disney, action movies, internet, video games and much more, for a nail-biting, quick, real-time match of trivia. Why you will get addicted:
• Thousands of topics to choose from.
• Millions of players to play with.
• Boasting rights to being the best from the rest. (You sweet snowflake!)
• Meet & compete with new people.
• The number of Memes.
• Tournaments Everyday! Prove your mettle.
• Topic Community.
• Sudden increase in topics you can talk about. (Yasss! Ice-breaking skills.)
- Paperama: As a kid, we all loved playing with paper sheets from our notebook and paper sheets lying around the house. This app is something which can bring those days back and also teach you to make cool things. – Amazing 3D folding effect
– Lovely Soundtrack, – More than 70 puzzles, – Smart Hint System
- DUOLINGO: A Cool app to learn multiple languages across the world. The Wall Street Journal calls it “The best free language learning app.” Duolingo is changing the way people learn languages around the world.• It’s free, for real.
• It’s fun! Advance by completing bite-sized lessons, and track your progress with shiny achievements.
• It’s effective. 34 hours of Duolingo are equivalent to a semester of university-level education.
• One can Learn English, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Russian, Portuguese, Turkish, and many more languages, free!
- Words With Friends 2: One of the worlds most popular mobile word games is better and smarter than ever with all new game modes built for the word player in all of us. Beautifully and intelligently redesigned, Words With Friends 2 is teeming with word games, word puzzles and more ways to challenge your friends and your brain than ever before. Expand your vocabulary and show off your spelling skills as you search for the highest scoring word in this beloved free word game. Want to boost your word game? Play against fictional characters in Solo Challenge events, updated with new word games, themes and opponents twice a month. Got a competitive streak? Jump in for fast-paced team games to test your rapid word building skills in the Lightning Round.
- ELEVATE: Elevate is a brain training program designed to improve attention, speaking skills, processing speed, memory, math skills, and more. Each person is provided with his or her own personalized training program that adjusts over time to maximize results. The more you train with Elevate, the more you’ll improve critical cognitive skills that are designed to boost productivity, earning power, and self-confidence. Users who train at least 3 times per week have reported dramatic gains and increased confidence. FEATURES* 35+ brain games for critical cognitive skills like focus, memory, processing, math, precision, and comprehension
* Detailed performance tracking
* Personalized daily workouts that include the skills you need most
* Adaptive difficulty progression to ensure your experience is challenging
* Workout calendar to help you track your streaks and stay motivated
We all are in state of limbo regarding this lockdown tenure, but staying positive and productive is the choice bestowed to all of us. These apps and many more are available which can keep you motivated and productive at the same time. Also, these are just a tap away and on your smartphone device which you can use easily instead of wasting time on other social channels.
Stay Home, Stay Productive!!