For some small trip or holiday amid a busy schedule, you would surely need some different location other than the current location which must have the magic to eliminate mental boredom naturally. This Valentine’s week 2021 RailRecipe introduces you to about 5 Romantic Travel Destinations in India. If you wish to try some hilly areas it means you want to surround yourself with a different landscape altogether surrounded by hilly areas witnessing gorgeous sunrise & sunset, waterfalls in summer, snowfalls in winters with regional flora and fauna to soothe your mind and let you spend some good time with your loved one. Similar is the case if you wish to explore southern India or Islands, you will witness water bodies, backwater lakes, unique greenery, culture, unique building & construction, traditional food, regional stories to enrich your soul.
5 Romantic Travel Destinations in India on Valentine’s Week are as follows:-
1. Manali: Situated in the north of Kullu Valley, the Valley of Manali is best known as the “Valley of Gods”. Being everyone’s favorite destination for Himalayan view, Manali is set on Beas River and offers a variety of choices for experiencing ultimate thrills & adventures. If you visit Manali, don’t forget to try skiing in Solang Valley, trekking in Parvati Valley, paragliding, rafting, and mountaineering for fun and the best holiday experience.
- Shopping Places in Manali: If you are a shopaholic or want to gift some special stuff like different celebrities inspired funky clothes and accessories, t-shirts, stylish woolen clothes, warm pashminas, decorative home décor, trending jackets homemade slippers & shoes and toys, books, utensils, home appliances for loved ones back home. Try visiting old Manali Market at Manu temple road, Himachal Emporium to buy products at their fixed prices, Tibetan Market, Manu Market, The Mall Road, famous Bhuttico between 10 AM and 7 PM.
- Traditional Food to Try: If you are in Manali don’t miss awesome tasting Khatta, Sidu, Babru, Trout, Patande, Bhey, Aktori, Tudkiyabhat, Chana Madra, Mithha, Chha Gosht & Cantonese Noodles.
- How to reach by Train: Manali is just 200 km away from Ambala Cantt. If you plan to visit Manali you need to reach Ambala Cantt followed by Car or Bus for 10 hrs journey to reach Manali. If you are currently at New Delhi and planning to visit Manali, you may book your train tickets Delhi Fazilka Intercity Covid 19 Special with Train number 04507 which departs New Delhi every afternoon at 1:05 p.m. and reaches Ambala Cantonment at 5: 15 p.m. in the evening.
2. Nainital: Known as lake District of Uttarakhand and named after the city of Goddess Naina Devi Before Nainital is another outer Himalayan site that offers an eye-shaped lake that receives rains every afternoon, Naina Peak, Tiffin Top, Snow View point, Nainital Zoo which has endangered species like a snow leopard or Siberian tiger, Jim Corbet National Park, India’s largest Tehri Dam, world’s highest 1000-year-old Shiva Temple “Tungnath”, India’s first agricultural university “Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture & Technology and three significant religious temples Naina Devi Temple which is among 51 Shakti Peethas of India, Hanumangarhi dedicated to Lord Hanuman and Bells of Ghorakhal’s Golu Temple.
- Shopping Places in Nainital: Nainital offers some amazing options to shop carved articrafts made up of woods, trinkets, handicrafts, wonderfully crafted candles in various shapes such as fruits, woolen clothes, Knick Knacks, bamboo fabrics, Try visiting Mall Road, Bara Bazaar, Tibetan Market & famous Bhotia Bazaar.
- Food to Try: Try savoring yummy Bal Maithai, a unique sweet delicacy of Nainital prepared from milk solids(Khoya) and sugar-coated roasted poppy seeds in brown color. Not only it tastes delicious but is pure and offered to Sun God to please Him.
- How to reach by Train: Nanital is just 34 km away from Kathgodham Railways Station. If you plan to visit Nainital next time, you need to reach Kathgodham Railway Station and then take a taxi or auto to Nainital hill station. If you are currently in New Delhi and planning to book train tickets, you may book train tickets in New Delhi-Kathgodham Shatabdi Train with Train Number 02040 which departs New Delhi everyday at 6:20 a.m. and reaches Kathgodham Railways Station at 11:40 a.m. the same morning.
3. Alleppy(Kochi): Also called as Alaphuzza, Alleppy is known as the “Venice of the East “ and offers an ultimate world class luxury on water houseboats over Kerala’s backwaters, boat rides, boat races during Onam festivals, marine products, coir industry, tea & spice plantation, rice plantations with coconut trees all over. You not only witness extended views of the sea but also the unique culture of fisherman living life on the water in a unique way. One Night Houseboat Tour in Alleppy is a must visit for everyone and highly recommended if you wish to add extraordinary thrill to your life.
- Shopping Places in Alleppy: Alleppy is worth your time and money if you visit Alleppy and wish to buy stuff that goes light on your purse. The best places being St. Thomas’ Fine Arts, Khadi Gramodyog Bhawan, Pulickattil Handicrafts, National Book Stall, Canal Bazaar for spices, Sharda Shopping Complex, Mullakkal Street, Floating Triveni. From fine quality handicrafts, different books, a variety of chips, fruits, vegetables, spices, clothes to different kinds of fine wares to buy and gift as a souvenir back home.
- Food to Try: Alleppy offers some of the super delicious food that would lure you to visit this place every time. If you are in Alleppy try savoring the Kerala Sadya, The Kerala Breakfast Spread, Puttu & Kadala, Idly & Sambar, Fried & Grilled Shrimp, Malabar Biryani, Kerala Fish Curry, Idiyappam, Ela Ada, Shabu Meen Curry, Thalasserry Biryani, Semiya Payasam, Kanji & Payar, Karimeen Pollichathu, Banana Chips, Malabar Parotta, Illanur and Kallu, Mutton Paya Masala, Paal Ada Pradhaman, Kozhi curry, Cheera Parippu Thoran, Naranga Curry, Pullissery to retreat yourself.
- How to reach by Train: Alleppy is just 4 km away from Ernakulam Railway Station. If you plan to visit Alleppy, you need to reach to Ernakulam Railway Station and then take the bus,auto-rickshaw, and taxi to reach Alleppy. If you are currently in New Delhi and planning to reach Alleppy, you may book a train ticket in Hazrat Nizamuddin-Trivandrum Central Railway SF Special Train with Train Number 06084 which runs every Monday at 5:00 a.m. and reaches every Wednesday on Ernakulam Railway Station at 12:03 midnight.
4. Andaman & Nicobar Island: Being a group of 572 islands out of which 38 are inherited by humans, Andaman always tops the list of all travel destinations in India and known for its heavenly scenic beauty on earth something we all Indian must boast of. The unique coral reefs, blue oceans, mud volcano-like Jhalki, giant evergreen forest, deciduous forest, mangrove forests, littoral forest, white sand beaches, palm-lined tropical forest, Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Dweep, prized shellfish,96 wildlife sanctuaries, nine national parks, one biosphere reserve,50 varieties of forest mammals,225 species of butterflies and moth, and only active volcano in India Barren Island erupted lastly in the year 2017, Scuba diving and water sports, Andaman & Nicobar Island is priceless in all terms and worth your money for some heavenly experience on earth.
- Shopping Places in Andaman & Nicobar Island: Offering the best kind of rejuvenating experience, try visiting some of the fancy and amazing markets such as Aberdeen Bazaar, Andaman Handicraft Emporium, Sagarika Government Emporium, MG Road at Port Blairs to buy right from seashells, jute, handicrafts, mirrors, apparels, wooden souvenirs, funky accessories, and home décor. You will find something to buy even on your most budgeted trips.
- Food to Try: This island may offer food that you may know but its spices and gravy would surely taste different from seafood cuisines. Try savoring seafood recipes such as Lobster, Khadi Crabs, Prawns, Tandoori fish, Squid Fish barbeque food. Try buying Mangoes, banana & guava as it is prominent of this place.
- How to reach by Train: To reach this Island anyone will have to book water transport (cruise ) after reaching Kolkata, Chennai & Vishakhapatnam via train or flights. It takes 60 -65 hours to reach Andaman through Cruise from Kolkata. If you are currently in New Delhi and planning to Visit Andaman & Nicobar Island, you may book your train ticket in New Delhi Howrah Rajdhani Express(Via Patna) with Train Number 12306 which departs every Friday at 6:55 p.m. in the evening from New Delhi and reaches Howarth at 12:15 p.m. next Saturday. You may book a Government-run sea cruise running from Kolkata, Chennai & Vishakhapatnam ranging from Rs. 2,630 to Rs. 10,240 respectively for a bunk to deluxe classes with 2 passport size photographs, government identity card, and address proof through travel agents offering discounts on different packages.
5. Goa: Lovingly named as “Rome of the East or “Pearl of Orient”, Goa is another heaven on earth with white sea beaches, nightlife, places of worship, and Portuguese culture & architecture. Situated in Konkan Valley with an astounding view of western ghats. Goa is frequently visited by Indian as well as foreign tourists. Its capital city Panaji and Vasco Da Gama is the largest city is world-famous. If you in Goa, try visiting ASI monuments, Immaculate Conception Church, Panjim; Shanta Durga Temple, St. Francis Church at Goa Velha, Gitanjali Art Gallery Fontainhas, famous Goa beaches, dudhsagar falls, Aguada fort, Anjuna beach, Calangute beach, Basilica bom Jesus Church, Colva beach for discovering Portuguese tradition, culture and for a divine experience.
- Shopping Places in Goa: If you are at Goa, try visiting some most preferred market such as Wednesday Flea Market at Anjuna Beach, Night Market at Arpora, Tibetan Market at Baga Road, Mapusa Fish Market, Baga-Calangute Road, Panjim Market, Mackie’s Night Bazaar,Jade Jagger Beach Boutique, Le Souk, Beach Candy, Cocoroots, MMC Market, Colva Beach Market, Palolem Market, Tuk Tuk, Babu Tea & coffee for funky accessories, handicrafts, artefacts & famous drinks
- Food to Try: Visit Goa to explore some culturally diverse yummy food such as Pork Vindaloo, Crab Xec Xec, Prawn Balchao, Sanna, Goan Red rice, Chouris Pao, Poee, Kingfish, Feni, Bebinca, drinks like famous Kokum to taste some authentic Goan cuisines that will make you drool.
- How to reach by Train: If you are currently in New Delhi and planning to reach Goa you may book your train ticket in Goa Express with train number 12780 which departs Hazrat Nizamuddin Railway Station everyday 3:00 p.m. and reaches Vasco Da Gama the following Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
In this Valentine Week 2021, if you travel by train with your loved ones to any of these locations you may order food in train online from RailRecipe. Download the RailRecipe App and enjoy ordering your favorite food on train and get delivered to your seat. You can also book your food order by calling Toll Free Number 8448440386.
Make your Valentine’s Journey more Romantic with RailRecipe!