Traveling in un-reserved coach is not a choice for many as they are bound to travel due to last hour non-confirmation of tickets in Indian Railways. We all know that traveling in GE class is a nightmare as you see people struggling through the crowd in order to get a proper seat. Even after paying for the journey, the seat allotment is never done and one is left to no man’s land.
With a view to ease the travel in such un-reserved coaches, Eastern Central Railway (ECR) came up with unique solution via a tech based app which offers proper seat allotment even in un-reserved coaches. The app is named as PURB(Pass for Un-Reserved Board) and is available on Google Play store.
What’s New About PURB App?
PURB app or Pass for Un-reserved Boarding is a unique app via which people can avail proper seat in un-reserved coaches. Here’re quick steps to get hands on the benefits of this app:
- If you are traveling via Un-reserved coach and have a valid travel ticket purchased via PRS counter, one can get a confirmed berth allotted before boarding the train.
- The passenger needs to upload the journey details via PURB app along with Valid ID proof.
- Details once uploaded in all respects along with train details will be passed on to Railways servers.
- Passenger would receive confirmation regarding their berth and seat allotted to them on their mobile number.
- Upon receipt of confirmation, the traveler can reach out to TTE or RPF for hassle free boarding.
This App would be a boon for traveler who travel via un-reserved coaches. Traveling would be not be a major concern as one can be rest assured to get a berth for traveling in train. Now, one can also book food in train journey online by sharing their seat and coach details with e-catering service providers. With all these efforts, Railway traveling is gradually simplifying and moving towards a better avenue for travel concerns.