Kolkata is a beautiful heritage city in India and one of the peak choices for many people to live in. There are disparate reasons for which this amazing city is known for such as the Bay of Bengal, Bengali foods, Bengali sweets, and weekend entrance to nearby local places. Kolkata City is a beautiful image of modernity mixed with classical heritage. Kolkata City is the largest city in the State of West Bengal, and the most popular city in India, with an estimated population of 16 crores as of January 2021.
Kolkata city is the corporate hub of West Bengal, India. Kolkata city has the 2nd largest metropolitan economy and the 3rd highest per Capital income in India. The key sectors of the local economy are business and financial. Kolkata city has been referred to as the financial hub of India. Kolkata is the principal business, trading, and financial hub of Eastern India and the main port of connection for North-East India, as well as having the 3rd largest urban economy of India.
There are 5 major railway stations serving the cities of Kolkata names are Howrah Railway Station (HWH), Kolkata Railway Station (KOAA), Sealdah Railway Station (SDAH), Shalimar Railway Station (SHM), and Santragachi Junction Railway Station (SRC).
1. About Howrah Railway Station Facts:
Howrah railway station, also known as Howrah Junction Railway Station, is a railway station located in the city of Howrah, West Bengal. Howrah railway station is the oldest and largest railway terminus in India. Howrah railway station is one of the busiest train stations in the world. About 500 passenger trains pass through the Howrah railway station every day and serving more than 10 crores train passengers per day. Howrah railway station is one of five intercity train stations serving the Kolkata non-suburban area, the others station being Sealdah railway station, Santragachi railway station, Shalimar railway station and Kolkata chitpur railway station. Howrah junction has a total of 27 railway tracks and 23 platforms. Howrah Junction has a triple electric line train route. There are 340 local passengers trains cross daily from Howrah Junction, and a total of 130 trains originating from Howrah Junction.
Most Important Train List of Howrah Junction:-
- 02305 – Howrah-New Delhi Rajdhani Express (Via Patna)
- 02301 – Howrah-New Delhi Rajdhani Express (Via Gaya)
- 02277 – Howrah-Puri Shatabdi Express
- 02023 – Howrah-Patna Jan Shatabdi Express
- 02262 – Howrah – Mumbai CSMT AC Duronto Express
- 02222 – Howrah-Pune AC Duronto Express
- 02273 – Howrah-New Delhi Duronto Express
- 02245 – Howrah-Yesvantpur Duronto Express
- 02369 – Kumbh Express
- 02311 – Kalka Mail Express
2. About Kolkata Railway Station Facts:
Kolkata Railway Station station code is KOAA. Kolkata railway station or Kolkata Chitpur railway station is the newest of the five intercity railway stations serving Howrah city and Kolkata city, West Bengal, India. Kolkata railway station is situated in the Chitpur locality of North Kolkata. Kolkata Railway Station has a total of 7 railway tracks and 5 platforms. There are 150 passenger trains cross daily from Kolkata Railway Station, and a total of 52 trains originating from Kolkata Railway Station.
Most Important Train List of Kolkata Railway Station:-
- 03113 – Hazarduari Express
- 02261 – Kolkata – Haldibari Intercity-Express
- 05233 – Maithili Express
- 03137 – Kolkata- Azamgarh Special Train
- 09607 – Kolkata – Madar Express
- 02315 – Ananaya Superfast Express
- 02359 – Kolkata Patna Garib Rath Special
- 02496 – Pratap Festival Special
3. About Sealdah Railway Station Facts:
Sealdah Railway Station is one of India’s major railway terminals serving the city of Kolkata. The other main railway stations in the Kolkata metropolitan region are Howrah, Shalimar, Kolkata and Santragachi. Sealdah Railway Station is one of the busiest railway stations in India with a daily train passenger cross over 12 crores. Sealdah Railway Station also acts as an important suburban rail terminal. Sealdah Railway Station has a total of 23 railway tracks and 21 platforms. There are 330 passenger trains cross daily from Sealdah Railway Station, and a total of 110 trains originating from Sealdah Railway Station.
Most Important Train List of Sealdah Railway Station:-
- 02329 – Sampark Kranti Express
- 02379 – Jalianwala Bagh Express
- 02317 – Sealdah-Jammu Tawi Humsafar Express
- 02313 – Sealdah-New Delhi Rajdhani Express
- 02987 – Ajmer-Sealdah Superfast Express
- 03175 – Sealdah – silchar Festival special
- 03187 – Maa Tara Special
- 03141 – Teesta-Torsa Festival Special
4. About Shalimar Railway Station Facts:
Shalimar Railway station is one of 5 intercity railway stations serving Howrah and Kolkata, India. Shalimar Railway Station is situated at Shalimar, in the Shibpur area of Howrah. Shalimar Railway Station is one of the hygienic, most well-managed and non-crowded railway terminals in Kolkata city. Shalimar railway station has a total of 7 railway tracks and 3 platforms. There are 50 passenger trains cross daily from Shalimar railway station, and a total of 17 trains originating from Shalimar railway station.
Most Important Train List of Shalimar Railway Station:-
- 02773 – Shalimar-Secunderabad Covid-19 Special
- 05021 – Shalimar-Gorakhpur Festival Special
- 02213 – Shalimar-Patna Covid19 Duronto
- 02642 – Shalimar-Thiruvananthapuram Central Covid-19 Special
- 02660 – Gurudev Covid-19 SF Special
5. About Santragachi Junction Railway Station Facts:
Santragachi Junction railway station is a railway junction in Santragachhi, Howrah, India. Santragachi Junction railway station is one of five intercity railway stations serving Howrah and Kolkata. The Santragachi Junction is operated by the Indian Railways SER zone. SER zone serves local trains to Haldia, Kharagpur, and Medinipur and Superfast trains to Central, West, and South railway zone in India. Santragachi Junction has a total of 9 railway tracks and 6 platforms. There are 150 passenger trains across daily from Santragachi Junction railway station, and a total of 20 trains originating from Santragachi Junction railway station.
Most Important Train List of Santragachi Junction Railway Station:-
- 02211 – Rupasi bangla SF Special
- 02257 – Tamralipta SF Special
- 02768 – Santragachi-Hazur Sahib Nanded SF Special
- 02807 – Santragachi – MGR Chennai Central SF Special
- 02817 – Santragachi- Pune Puja Special
Famous visiting places near Howrah Junction & Kolkata Railway Station:
- Howrah Bridge
- Victoria Memorial
- Science City Kolkata
- Birla Mandir Kolkata
- Eden Gardens (Cricket Stadium)
- Fort William Kolkata
- Belur Math
- Birla Planetarium
- Rabindra Sarovar
- Eco-Tourism Park
- Nicco Park
- Prinsep Ghat
- Babur Haat
- Hooghly Riverfront
- Mohunbagan Stadium
If you are planning to visit Kolkata, and Howrah city by Indian railways train. One can order online food in train with RailRecipe official website or Mobile Application. RailRecipe delivers Veg, Non-Veg, Bengali foods, and Bengali sweets in quick session. RailRecipe – E-Catering Company helps train passengers to deliver fresh and wellness food on train.
Train passengers can book now Bengali foods online during the train trip via RailRecipe Food in Train Website, RailRecipe Official Mobile App, or call at 844-844-0386. RailRecipe also offers group food orders in train journeys at Kolkata, Howrah, Sealdah, Shalimar, and Santragachi railway stations.