Paranormal Activity has always been an interesting topic of discussion no matter what’s your age group is. Everyone gets haunted by the presence of supernatural presence around them especially in silent dark nights, at abandoned places, at unknown tourist destinations as you are doubtful on how holy the place is or in the confusion of whether any haunted incidents had occurred at that place? Even natives of the place may escalate your doubt saying they have heard but not seen personally about the haunted stories of their place and you feel maybe they are hiding something.
Ghosts, paranormal activities, supernatural elements seem natural by many because of our psychological fear. To add to our fear, movies & novels had played a very critical role since our childhood days by authenticating that paranormal activities are real & true. Although not every people have felt unusual paranormal activities in life, still there have been many untold haunted stories of places and Railway Stations documented using the camera, the sight of strange shadows, and hearing of strange sounds of cries, laughs, and whispers.
Let’s know about the 8 Most Haunted Railway Stations in India
1. Barog Railway Station, Shimla: Located in Solan district of Himachal Pradesh, this small Railway station with allotted code BOF has local tales about the ghost of Colonel Barog, a British Railway Engineer who shot himself at Barog Tunnel no. 33 out of sheer depression as British Government has penalized him for miscalculation he has made while aligning two tunnels which was disturbed him to the extent that he shot himself dead while walking through the tunnel with his pet dog. He was buried in front of Kalka.Shimla highway about 1 km from Barog. To believe the stories natives have seen ghosts of Colonel Barog lingering around the city and tunnel talking to people and sharing a laugh while others believe something mysterious, eerie & scary in the tunnel.
2. Dombivli Railway Station, Mumbai: Being an important city in Kalyan Dombivli twin city of Thane district, Dombivli Railway Station offers true terror. Dombivli Kopar Rail Crossing: This crossing has taken the lives of many crossings and to believe locals, those who come under the influence of evil spirits lose their consciousness and stand in the middle of the railway track without any reason. To believe people, a man while catching his train for work had seen an office going women in the age of 40-50 years crying and waiting for the train. When he asked her why is she crying she said she wanted to go home but she could not go. The next day that man who this time was accompanied by his friend discussed this with a friend seeing that same woman crying & waiting for the train. But to add to his fear, his friend could not see any such women over there.
3. Naini Railway Station, Uttar Pradesh: To believe the locals, the station has spirits of freedom fighters who died in Naini Jail near Railway Station. Though spirits are harmless but their presence can be felt at the Naini Railway Station.
4. Begunkodor Station, West Bengal: Being a hamlet in the Purulia district of West Bengal, the locals and railway personnel have seen women draped in white Saree walking along the lonely tracks. Many railway personnel has died in fear of seeing the spirit. Many say the woman may have committed suicide or run over by the train. Though government announced this story as just a rumor and has opened in the year 2009 after 42 years for travelers.
5. Chittoor Railway Station, Andhra Pradesh: Chittoor is believed to be haunted because of one CRPF Jawan Hari Singh from Jharkhand who while traveling on a New Delhi- bound Kerala Express was attacked by his fellow CRPF & TTE and got badly injured. He decided to drop down in the middle of his journey at Chittoor in the early hours of the day in wake of getting some emergency medical help. But unfortunately succumbed to death after 10 days in the hospital. Many travelers and locals say they have seen the spirit of Hari Singh wandering on Railway Track in search of justice.
6. Mulund Railway Station, Mumbai: Mulund Railway Station on the central line of the Mumbai Suburban Railway Station is believed to be another haunted railway station. Locals say the evil spirits of people who died while crossing the road haunt them in and around the railway tracks at midnight.
7. Ludhiana Railway Station, Uttar Pradesh: Being one of the busiest railway stations, Ludhiana Stations is believed to be haunted because of one railway employee named Subhash, a Computer Reservation System Officer died while working in Computer Reservation Room in the year 2004. To believe the story, it was his passion for the job that has not let him leave the Computer Reservation Room and whosoever has worked in that room has a complaint of serious health issues.
8. Bhan Kari Railway Station, Alwar Rajashthan: Rajasthan is full of haunted stories especially when it comes to Havelis especially Bhangarh fort known as the fort of ghosts. Bhan Kari Railways Station is the most nearest railway station to Bhangarh Fort lying at a distance of 45 minutes. Situated at most haunted locations of India, visiting Bhan Kari Station itself gives shivers as you become very near to the fort of ghosts “Bhangarh fort”.
Though we present all the haunted Railway Station of India, we would also like to make it clear that RailRecipe does not believe in such ghost stories and has shared the above fictional local tales available everywhere on digital platforms. Also, RailRecipe supports the fact that many psychologists and scientists believe it to be a faulty activity of the brain. Moreover, we suggest it a must to board at these railway stations as locals are residing along with these railway stations and these stations are also undergoing beautification and cleaning drive from time to time as per the proposed rail budget of India.
To get yummy, hot & fresh food in train online at these railway stations, try ordering online from RailRecipe. We cater to all food of your choice. You may order us through RailRecipe APP or ordering at our POS website www.railrecipe.com or directly calling our Customer Care Toll Free Number 844 844 0386.
Visit the place to know the truth of Ghosts!