The pandemic has devastated the human race across the world and no single nation has to remain untouched with its impact on all fronts, be it social, economic, or travel. India being one of the largest nations in terms of population is also undergoing a tough battle with COVID-19. IRCTC has been at the forefront of this journey with the Indian government. From mass productions of safety masks to converting of major trains into isolation coaches, the list goes on. Being a national transporter for the nation, it acted as a major carrier for people stranded across the nation during the lockdown periods. Indian Railways has been striving to achieve normal travel schedules. The Indian Railways Catering and Tourism Corporation is on its way back to ease the process of travel and has published a white paper defining the new normal in terms of travel across India via trains. Railrecipe, an e-catering service provider for Indian railways, in its endeavor to keep the citizens acquainted brings to you the key points published via IRCTC for new normal travel norms.
Here’re the key points defined in the white paper:
- Safety as a “PRIME” factor to be Kept in Mind for this year: Whether anyone books a train, air ticket or books a hotel, IRCTC will ensure safety first by entering into a partnership with personnel, hotels, travel partners who follow stringent safety norms.
- 360 Degree Support: IRCTC through its network of offices across the nation, is well equipped to provide support to its tour partners. Everyone traveling via Indian Railways would be ensured that they are in the safe hands of experts. Movement protocols and safety norms prescribed by MOHFW would be strictly adhered to during travel.
- Trained Professionals to Handle Tour Excursions: Trained personnel for new protocols would be available for escorting travel groups. They would carry necessary personal protective gears during conducting their procedures.
- Use of Transport Vehicles: Transport vehicles would be sourced from trusted partners for tour bookings. All such coaches won’t be used for full capacity. Everyone traveling in such coaches would be instructed to carry their protective gear such as masks and sanitizers.
- Group Sizing and Social Distancing: Number of people to be allowed in groups would be defined as per distancing norms. Proper seating plans would be defined for group travels.
- Protocols for Monument and Theme Parks: New protocols in terms of thermal scanning, filling out of physical forms would be included. Entry at such places might take longer than usual due to protocols.
- Meal Venues: Meals in trains may be planned during the travel. IRCTC will ensure proper norms to be followed while sourcing food in train journeys. IRCTC is trying to provide minimal contact buffet experience through trusted foodservice providers.
While the entire world is taking strides to overcome it, all risks are being eliminated in terms of exposure to COVID-19 in public places. Let us endeavour to keep ourselves and the people around us safe and healthy. Are you traveling this season? Follow the instructions laid by MOHFW and subscribe to our blog for getting such updates. Always keep the “Aarogya Setu App” in your smartphone and travel safely.