Are you aware that Indian Railways is now available on a frequently used shopping site- Amazon.in? Indian Railways’ recent partnership with Amazon meets their digital strategy to reach mobile users in quick time.
Now, it will be easier for any customer shopping through Amazon App to book tickets on the train as they already are familiar to use Amazon App. The digital booking will reduce the long-awaiting lines at ticket counters and will help Indian Railways to reach Amazon App users with maintenance to be taken care of by Amazon IT Support Services.
Any mobile users will be able to book train tickets by creating an account at Amazon.in and that the mobile users can avail of facilities listed as under:
- Checking and booking seats through Amazon.
- Access quota for all train classes on Amazon App.
- Live checking on PNR Status.
- Cancel tickets through Amazon.
- Instant refunds on tickets cancellation buying train tickets using Amazon Pay balance.
- Discounts on ticket booking as an introductory offer.
- Here is the step–by–step guide to know how any mobile users can book tickets on the train using Amazon App.
Here is the step–by–step guide to know how any mobile users can book tickets on the train using Amazon App.
|Step 1 :||Type “Amazon.in” in Mobile Web browser|
|Step 2 :||Click on “Trains” to land on Train Ticket Booking page|
|Step 3 :||Follow instructions to complete your booking|
Now take a look at five commonly searched questions related to ticket booking on train explained here as five Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for you:-
FAQ 1: How many days in advance train tickets may be booked?
Train tickets may be booked 120 days in advance, excluding the date of the journey at the train originating station
FAQ 2: How many tickets may be booked in one transaction?
- Normal Ticket Booking: A maximum of 6 tickets can be booked in one transaction and the traveler may be at least 5 years of age.
- Tatkal Ticket Booking: A maximum of 4 tickets can be booked in one transaction and the traveler may be at least 5 years of age.
In addition, two children of age less than 5 years may be accompanied and the Indian Railways will not charge for those two children as their names will not be mentioned over the ticket.
FAQ 3: How many tickets may be booked using one IRCTC User ID per month?
You may book a total number of 6 tickets monthly using a single IRCTC User ID whereas if you have linked an Aadhar Card to your user ID you may book 12 tickets per month.
FAQ 4: When and how may we book Tatkal Ticket?
You may book a tatkal ticket one day in advance and the booking slot on Amazon opens at 10:00 a.m. for AC classes and at 10:15 a.m. for non-AC classes respectively. However, tatkal’s confirmed tickets will not get refunded to the travelers.
FAQ 5: May train travelers order food in train while booking a train ticket?
The food ordering option on the train was paused in March 2020. But very soon it will be available in trains and will be chargeable as earlier
Let’s Get Started!