Travel was in-evitable, be it for the reasons of work, pleasure or for some family excursion trips. It was all a part of everyone’s plans until this pandemic situations came up and locked everyone in their home. But let’s be positive as we all humans have an inherent tendency to come out strong in every tough situation and are very quick in adapting to changes around us. Days will surely arrive when everyone would be traveling again.
People from different religious sects used to travel across India. Food availability was a major concern for journeys exceeding 12 hrs of travel, It used to become a tough get to ensure proper availability of food. Jain sects people were the most affected ones as the availability of Jain meals in train was the least expected thing during the train journey. People use to manage their journey by consuming fruits and snack items during their journey. For people who were traveling along with their families, managing kids’ hunger used to be a nightmare and something tougher to manage.
How to Order Jain Meals in Train journey?
With the advent of technology and globalization and thanks to e-catering from Indian railways, the availability of Jain food in train journey has now been made possible through public-private partnership model or e-catering aggregator model of online food booking in trains. The very unique feature about this model was, creating an ecosystem of food suppliers who follow strict FSSAI guidelines with that of Indian Railways. Pure Jain restaurants have been impaneled to meet such food demands during train journeys.
Here’re quick steps on ordering Jain meals in train:
- Enter Your PNR/ Train Number / Station Name: If you are traveling via Indian Railways and have a confirmed ticket, you must be aware of 10 digit PNR number mentioned in the 1’O clock position of your ticket. If you are not able to find the PNR, you may enter your train number or even station name at which you would like to place an order of Jain food in train.
- Choose Jain Meal From the Menu Filter: Once you choose the Jain meals in the listed menu, you may view the available options in Jain food for the desired stations. Plan your meals accordingly.
- Customize Order: Choose from food options as per your preference. One can order Jain special meals for breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner.
- Check for Discounts on Group orders: Generally, if your traveling along with your family, your order value might mount up to huge value. Do check for available discounts on group food orders in train. You may get up to 20% off on group food bookings.
- Pay Online/ Cash On Delivery: It is advised to pay online for food bookings in order to avail discounts on food bookings in train and also to avoid any last-minute cash crunch.
- Enjoy Meals With your Loved ones.
That being said, it’s now pretty easier to plan your meals way ahead or on the go even if you are looking out for Jain food in trains. Any assistance or special menu requests or maybe to book Jain food for group travel, one can send in their request in advance as well. Happy Journeying!!