Currently, the Indian Railways is running 1,512 superfast/express and covid19 specials train, on an average per day, up from the 1,490 train such services last week. In view of the promptly spreading coronavirus pandemic and emigrant crisis, the Indian Railways has stepped up special train operations, including superfast/express trains, local trains, and EMU/DMU trains, for the comfort of train passengers.
With Delhi undergoing a 6-day strict lockdown and migrant workers/labours queuing up to return to their native place/village, the Indian Railways has announced 3 more covid-19 special trains from Delhi railway station or Anand Vihar Terminus to Bihar(Darbhanga, Sitamarhi, and Gaya). These special trains are from New Delhi Railway Station to Darbhanga Railway Station, Anand Vihar Terminus to Sitamarhi Railway Station, and New Delhi Railway Station to Gaya Railway Station. While more than 50+ covid-19 special train services are being run from Northern Railway, more than 40+ covid-19 special trains are operational from Central Railway and 5 covid-19 special train services from Western Railway daily to various destinations across India. Additional special trains are already being run from April 2021 to May 2021 as summer special trains while 981 passenger train services are also running. A total of 5,387 local train services and 981 superfast/express train services are also running.
Meanwhile, a transportation application letter of liquid medical oxygen from Rourkela (Odissa Government), Bokaro (Jharkhand Government) to Bhopal has been given by the Madhya Pradesh Government. A second oxygen special train carrying around 7-8 unfilled tankers to Bokaro (Jharkhand Government) and back will start on April 24 from Lucknow with more planned in the next coming days.
Here’s an Ultimate Guide for Safer Train Journeys During Covid-19 Second Wave:
2. Always wear an N-95 mask and clinically approved gloves at all times during your train journey. It is also advisable to carry spare disposable masks and loose gloves.
3. Maintain a safe distance (at least 6-feet) from fellow passengers and station staff.
4. Wash hands frequently and avoids touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
5. Forbid sharing your seat with fellow passengers.
7. Avoid buying snacks, water, or any other item from the train station.
8. Sanitize your hand immediately after touching the handrail, coach door handle, toilet door, etc.
9. Do not discard masks, gloves, or other trash at the railway station or outside it. Carefully place them in a sealed bag and throw in a closed dustbin.
10. As soon as you reach your destination, change your clothes and footwear, and take a hot shower.
11. Follow the guidelines laid down by MOHFW for safety such as drinking warm water.
12. After reaching your destination, try to isolate yourself for one week from elderly loved ones and kids. Include health supplements in your diet.
During Train Journey, You may order food online in trains from the Authorized IRCTC E-Catering Partner RailRecipe Website. For quick & hygienic food delivery in train download RailRecipe Mobile App, or calling RailRecipe Customer Support Toll-Free Number at 8448440386. RailRecipe also steps up with Hygienic & Quick Food Delivery in Train service for train passengers at more than 400+ Railway Stations.
The Indian Railways will continue to run special trains as per the demand on routes and make all efforts to ensure that train passengers travel without any inconvenience.